I have been blessed with the opportunity to see over five Broadway productions in 2017, and I cannot wait for what’s up for this year. There is something amazing about witnessing a Broadway musical or a play. It takes you away from reality, and let’s your mind focus solely on what is in front of you. Kind of like reading a book, but much louder and a tad bit fun.
In 2017, I entered a lot of Broadway lotteries which led to me seeing a lot of shows. BROADWAY LOTTERIES WORK! You can win tickets to a popular show by just entering a lottery. I have seen five Broadway shows in 2017 because of lotteries and it made my year amazing. Here is a list of the shows I saw last year.
- The Lion King
- On Your Feet
- Syncing’ Ink
Out of that list, I won lottery tickets to Aladdin, The Lion King, STOMP, On Your Feet, and Illyria.
I have to say that 2017 was the best year for me with Broadway shows. I was lucky enough to win tickets to see the Lion King Broadway show on their 20th anniversary. Even better, I received tickets in orchestra in the THIRD ROW. It was one of the best days I have ever had, and the show itself is beautiful to witness regardless of your age. Another show I was grateful to win anniversary tickets for was STOMP. It was their 10,000th show and they were giving away tickets for 10$ each.
My Top Five Favorite Broadway Shows
- Anastasia – I will be honest, before I saw this show I never saw the animated movie, or really knew about Anastasia. My college was giving away tickets to the show for a discounted price of 10$. I simply cannot miss out on a Broadway show, when I can get a ticket for that cheap. So I got in line, and got my ticket. The show was two days away, and I watched the movie, Anastasia, the night before the musical. I enjoyed the movie, but the show was so much better. Since the show is based off the movie, there are some original songs included , and some that were created for the show itself. I can proudly say I know all the words for the musical soundtrack by heart. With my favorite song being, In My Dreams, sung by Christy Altomare.
- Hamilton – While, I have yet to see the Hamilton Musical in person, I have listened to the soundtrack at least once a day. There is just something amazing about it, and I’ll be honest, I am not a history geek. The music somehow draws me into wanting to learn about Alexander Hamilton. I made a promise to myself to see Hamilton in person sometime this year or next year. The tickets are pricey, but I am sure they are worth it. Hamilton does offer a lottery where you can win tickets for 10$, but being that the show is insanely popular, I have heard that at least 10,000 people apply for the lottery each day.
- The Lion King – Winning tickets to see Lion King is something I never imagined to ever happen to me. I was super shocked to get the email, and I couldn’t keep the excitement to myself. My seats were in orchestra, but I had a guest sitting in the mezzanine, and the view was just as good. You do get to see a much up-close look at the actors sitting in orchestra. The show is really good at ensuring that everyone feels included. Some characters from the show were singing from all parts of the theatre.
- Wicked – Wicked is another one of my favorites. It was nice to see the life of Elphaba before Dorothy came along. I loved all of the characters, and the flying monkeys. Yes, that’s right, FLYING MONKEYS.
- Aladdin – Another favorite, one that I got to see twice. I first saw this musical back in 2015, and then again in 2017. It was funny how I won lottery tickets to this show. Normally, I don’t enter lotteries for shows that I have seen already. Something in me told me to enter, and to my luck, I got the “You’ve Won!” email the following morning. All of the characters are great, but the Genie? Amazing Man.
I know I mentioned musicals that are very popular, and many may consider it to be pricey to attend. But guess what? Each of these broadway shows that I mentioned have lotteries. Lotteries that, if you win, grant you the opportunity to attend a show (usually the same night or the following) for a discounted price of $10 to 45$. I love saving money, and I have never paid over 50$ to see any of these Broadway Shows
Here are the links to the lotteries which I use and they are VERY legitimate.
BroadwayDirect offers discounted tickets only to those who win the lottery to the following shows: Aladdin, Wicked, Lion King and more. For More Details: Broadway Lottery
Winning tickets to Hamilton through the lottery may not be easy, but it is still worth a shot. Do not throw away your shot! For More Details: Hamilton Lottery
Lottery winners will have the opportunity to purchase tickets for a show available on the same day. For More Details: Anastasia Lottery